Becoming Blair Waldorf

If you are like me, then you are among the high percentage of people in the world who grew up watching Gossip Girl and had an unhealthy obsession with it. In my opinion, it is one of the greatest shows to ever exist and it pretty much helped me set the standards to the life I ultimately want to have. I mean, who doesn't want to be incredibly rich, have their very own Dorota, and live the glamorous life of an upper east sider? Of course, I would leave out the drama and the crazy plots, but other than that I am so ready for that lifestyle.

Watching Gossip Girl wasn't the same without discussing every episode with your friends not only to try to figure out who GG was, but also fighting about who was Blair and who was Serena. It was no different for me and my friend; however, we would always fight about who got to be Blair because we were both obsessed with her.  I've always felt the most like Blair though. I was absolutely obsessed with her style and her fashion choices, and her relationship with Chuck (though at times it seemed toxic) was always the kind of relationship I dreamed of having. There wasn't a single time while watching an episode, where I didn't wish to be like her, or at least my own kind of version of her. However, back in the day, the only thing that I did exactly like her was wear my signature headbands. And that was just a coincidence; I just really happened to love headbands as much as she did.

As I got older and realized that fashion was my true calling and something that I am extremely passionate about, I have been able to finally define my style (though I do sometimes like to try new things). I'd say the majority of the time my style is classy girly chic. I love wearing things that make me feel like princess or that just make me feel glamorous and girly. Because of this I sometimes tend to overdress for almost any event, even if I just hangout with friends, but it's okay because that's what I love doing it and my friends love it too. They are always saying nice things like how classy I look and I'm always complimented on my outfits. Because of this I have now become known as the Blair Waldorf of my friends.

Though it had been my life long dream to become her, I wasn't sure if my friends truly believed that; however, I went back to look at outfit pictures I had taken and realized that I had unknowingly recreated many of Blair's outfits. From that moment on, even I started to believe that I was becoming her, even if it was just through fashion.

Here are some of the outfits I recreated:

Preppy School Girl

If you've seen the show, you know that Blair went to an all girls private school and this was the uniform she wore. However, just because it's a uniform doesn't mean you can't take inspiration from it because let's be real she even made the uniform look fabulous. Of course, I had to make some adjustments to the outfit. Instead of the knew high socks she wears, I went with bright red tights to complement the red lipstick that I wanted to wear. I thought about wearing a bow tie like she did, since I am obsessed with them at the moment, but in I ended up going with a statement necklace to be a little more glam. 

Get the Look

Top: H&M
Skirt: Forever 21
Tights: Target
Shoes: DSW
Necklace: Forever 21


Strolling Through the City


Though it wasn't the original intension, the main focus here is the red coat. This was the outfit I chose to wear to Thanksgiving last year. The first thing I chose was this black sweater dress with a turtle neck because I thought it was semi-casual but still quite cute. I didn't want to wear just black so my Blair instincts kicked in and I decided to go with mustard yellow tights. I chose my black chelsea boots to match the dress and keep the cohesive look. Though a little skeptical at first, I grabbed my red coat just to see if I liked the combination and to my surprise the yellow and red went together quite well. Though I love my own red coat, I would do anything to get Blair's. I just love the black outlined details.

Get the Look

Dress: I bought this in Spain so I can't remember the name but the brand is Formula
Tights: Target
Boots: DSW
Coat: Guess
Necklace: Forever 21


Casual City Day


I've really been into ponchos and capes lately so this poncho has been one of my to go looks; however, I try to change it up each time I wear it. This time, I chose to wear my bright red tights again to give the black and white theme a pop of color. I love this poncho because it's light but it's also warm. It also has a hood (though you can't see it in this picture) which kind of makes me feel like little red riding hood when I put it on. The circle scarf was something extra I added at the end because it was a little windy but I thought it went well with the look and it didn't take too much away from the poncho which was the focus. 

Get the Look

Poncho: TJ Max
Tights: Target
Boots: DSW
Scarf: Target


Sunday Brunch


I think baby doll dresses are so cute and feminine and since I don't wear them often, I always have fun with them when I do. I actually wore mine to the races at the Saratoga race track, which is why I made it a little fancy with the tiny white hat; however, I think the dress itself could be cute for Sunday brunch with my girlfriends. I love that the dress is this simple cream color but the collar embellishments make it so classy and pretty. This is the kind of dress that can be dressed up really fancy with a pair of gold heals and an embellished headband, or dressed down a little with a light cardigan and booties or sandals.

Get the Look

Dress: Alice and Olivia
Hat: Afaze
Bag: Target


Night out on the Town


I wore this fabulous DVF wrap romper to my graduation, but I think it would be a great outfit for a night out with your friends or maybe a family event. DVF is known for her gorgeous prints and I personally think that if you're going to wear a printed DVF wrap dress or romper, that should be the main and only focus and should be worn on its own. I paired this romper with black and white snake print heels from Macy's Style&CO. I have also worn this wrap romper to other more casual events and to do so I wore black tights underneath and paired it with black boots or shorter booties.

Get the Look

Romper: Diane von Fursternberg (DVF)


Classy Meets Hipster


So the obvious focal point here is the tiny white hat. This little hat is probably one of my favorite things that I own. I bought this like 4 years ago and had never found a chance to wear it until last year when I decided to really dress up for my birthday with an all white theme (you can check out that post here). The fact that Blair wore a very similar one on the show was just a total coincidence but a very cool one at that!

Get the Look

Hat: Afaze



As I continue on my life and continue to fall in love with fashion, I am sure I will recreate more Blair inspired outfits and I will make sure to share with you so can get some inspiration as well :) Until next time!

                 
                                                                                                                                   
                                                                                                                                             - xoxo, Diana
















Sources for Blair picture:
- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/513621532472871192/
- http://vanitynoapologies.com/top-10-blair-waldorf-aka-leighton-meester-outfits-gossip-girl-6-seasons/
- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/179229260147597813/
- http://wheretoget.it/look/473664
- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/107593878571854067/
- https://www.pinterest.com/pin/539095017869911607/

Comments

Popular Posts