Diana's "3 Fs Rule" for the Perfect Outfit

There is nothing that makes me happier than when someone compliments my outfit. For me, fashion is the best way for me to express myself and my personality so it's always really nice and humbling when someone takes notice of it and says something nice. There's also nothing I love more than putting outfits together and finding creative ways to style myself. It is honestly one of my favorite activities.

A lot of people ask me what my process is when it comes to dressing myself and picking out the perfect outfit but to be honest I never really know what to say. I usually just say that I look through my closet and try to recreate outfits from whatever I take inspiration from while adding my own style to it. However, after actually taking time to think about it, I found that it is much more than that. I have found that for me picking out the perfect outfit really actually is somewhat of a process that I do subconsciously.

I take inspiration for my outfits from literally everywhere: people on the street, magazines, my friends, people I follow on Instagram, TV shows, etc. Once I see something I like, I take note of it by writing it down or taking a picture and keep it for when I want to use it. I then think of how I can recreate the look with items that are already in my closet or will have to get creative and try to replace some items that I don't have with pieces that I do. This is one of my favorite parts because I get to have my own little private fashion show trying on all these clothes. Once I find the perfect outfit, I proceed to take a billion pictures because every good outfit should be shown off ;)

That is just the basic process to picking a good outfit, but for me, for it to be completely perfect, the outfit not only has to make you look good, it also has to make you feel good. This part is what I call "Diana's 3 Fs Rule". The three F's rule is really simple:
- Look FABULOUS
- Feel FIERCE
- Have FUN putting it together 
If you can put can put a little checkmark next to all of these, then you will have succeeded!

I used this technique to put the following three outfits together for a really fun photoshoot I did with one of my good friends and I was so happy with all of them! Check out the photoshoot below!

Casual Chic

This was one of my favorite outfits because it combined casual style with hints of chicness. I don't really do casual because I'm just a dress up kind of girl so whenever I wear something as simple as a basic crewneck I always have to dress it up somehow. For this look, I wore this DIY sweatshirt with the word "Blogger" and my Blog name on the back and layered it on top of a basic white shirt. I love how the shirt looks under the crewneck with the collar popping out as well as having the bottom showing and the sleeves rolled up over it. To keep the casual vibe, I wore high wasted jeans and rolled them at the bottom. To give the look that chic feel, I wore a pair of colbat blue heels and one of my favorite statement necklaces. 

Shirt: Banana Republic
Sweatershirt: H&M
Jeans: Hollister
Heels: Zara
Necklace: The Style Shop at FIT








Upper East Side Gal

This was my absolute favorite look out of all three. I am just so absolutely obsessed with the skirt and it is one of my favorite pieces in my closet. I wanted the skirt to be the main focus so I just paired it with a simple black turtle neck. I added a sparkly choker on top of the sweater to give it a bit of glam touch. Finally, I wore my favorite snake print heels that tie around the ankle. 

Sweater: Target
Skirt: Forever21
Heels: Macy's
Choker: The Style Shop at FIT









A day in the City

For this outfit, I included another one of my favorite pieces from my closet, which is this gorgeous black and red printed cape. Underneath the cape, I wore an all black outfit which was composed of a long sleeve crop top and a skirt to keep the cape as the focal point. I really like how the cape looks wrapped rather than open so I used a simple brown belt to hold it together which also made a cute accessory. Finally, I just wore black tights and brown booties to match the belt. 

Cape: TJ Max
Tights: Target
Shoes: DSW










I really hope you enjoyed this post and it gave some inspiration for your next fabulous outfit! Remember just have fun, look fabulous, and most importantly feel fierce! ;) 

- xoxo, Diana 

Comments

Popular Posts