My New Found Love: The Fanny Pack

The first time I discovered the fanny pack was 10 years ago when I went on a trip to Disney World. I know that sounds like the most random thing ever, but that really is when I discovered what it was. I remember my mom bought me a small one from Animal Kingdom that had some Disney characters on it and I thought I was the coolest kid ever when I wore it. I don't even know what I carried inside it, but I remember being obsessed with it. I'm also pretty sure that I still have it in a box somewhere because I loved it that much. Anyway, after a few months, my craze for it wore off and I never thought about it again until about last year when I saw it was starting to make a bit of a comeback.

I realize the fanny pack goes way back to the 80s and 90s, but as we all know fashion trends die and then come back years later in a more modern way. Anyway, I saw a few people wearing them at Coachella last year and Forever 21 came out with a few of them in store. So, I made it my mission to find a fanny pack of my own; however, I had no luck finding one I really liked so I basically just gave up on that dream. That is, until a few weeks ago when after a year later the fanny pack gods made it my destiny to stumble upon what I thought was the perfect fanny pack for me. 

I was at the mall with my friend and went into Call it Spring. After looking at shoes for a bit, I went to the bag section and there it was, the coolest and most perfect fanny pack I had ever seen. It was black leather with gold zippers and these cute pins on them that fit my personality to the tea. I immediately tried it on and fell in love. Finally, to top it all of, it was it on sale! In that instant I just knew it was destiny and I had to get it. 

I just couldn't wait to start wearing it, so throughout the week I paired it with all my outfits. Below are three of my favorites and just some of ideas on how to style your fanny pack with your outfit if you decide to get one (which I highly recommend ;)).

Bright Summer Days 

The first look is very girly and perfect for those hot sunny days. It's simple enough to show the gorgeous embroidery of the shirt but the accessories also make it a little brighter and fun. 

The most perfect fanny pack ever *insert emoji heart eyes*

Hat: TJ Maxx
Top: TJ Maxx
Shorts: Hollister
Shoes: Cant remember




Sporty Casual Days

Im not much of a sporty outfit kind of girl but there are a few days where I want to dress a little more casual than usual. So, this second outfit is definitely a little more comfortable and casual for those lazy summer days where you don't really feel like dressing up too much. 


Top: Hollister
Skirt: H&M
Shoes: Converse
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters




Boho/Coachella Vibes

This was actually my favorite outfit out of the three for two different reasons: A) it was experimental and I wasn't really sure where I was going with it at first which made it fun to style and B) i just love how it turned out. I am also obsessed with this tribal print suede vest!


Top: Abercrombie
Pants: H&M
Shoes: Nine West
Vest: Hollister
Sunglasses: Call It Spring
Watch: Swatch





These were just a few outfits to show how you can wear a fanny pack and still rock different types of looks. I am honesty so in love with it because although it looks small, it fits a lot of things like your wallet, phone, keys, some makeup, etc. It is also so much more convenient than carrying a bag around and constantly having to worry about where to put it. It honestly makes my life easier.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this post and I can't wait to see you rocking a fanny pack of your own!


-xoxo, Diana 

Comments

Popular Posts