The Sweet World of Candytopia

When I was little, one of my favorite movies to watch was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (yes, the original one NOT the remake). I remember I used to wish that the factory was a real place that I could visit. My absolute favorite scene was when the kids first go into the factory and they enter the room where everything is edible and made out of candy. That was my "dream place" at the time but to my dismay, I understood it wasn't real and it would never happen....until about 2 weeks ago when that unrealistic dream actually came true....well, sort of ;)

So here's the story. Last month my friend found out about this awesome exhibit that would be coming to New York called Candytopia. It is an interactive experience consisting of several rooms where everything is made out of candy! Since she knows I love these kind of things, she surprise me and got us both tickets to go. I was honestly so excited and couldn't wait because the pictures alone looked amazing! I'm talking Willy Wonka's factory level amazing. And after experiencing it in person, I was not disappointed.

If you would like to take a look inside Candytopia, keep scrolling down. And as always, I will be sharing with you some "Know Before You Go" tips at the end of the blog as well as some other useful information. Enjoy!



Everything was decorated in such fun bright colors!




The single picture doesn't do this room justice. It was magical.











These artworks were made using just candy!


Paying my respects to the candy man himself <3.


Candy shark.















"Know Before You Go Tips"

  • Tickets are $34 and you can get them here.
  • There is no coat/bag check so make sure you don't bring too many things!
  • The staff is really friendly and will offer to take your pictures. Just look for anyone wearing a pink Candytopia jumpsuit.
  • There are a few key spots in certain rooms where you can get your pictures taken "professionally". They use high quality cameras that are positioned in the ceilings so you can get a cool Instragram worthy picture! These pictures are absolutely free, you just have to sign up on a site with your email where your pictures will be sent to. You can ask what the site is right before taking your picture or at the very beginning before entering the experience if you have time.
  • As I always say, take your time and make your money worth it. Don't feel rushed at all and get those pics girl!
  • This is one of the only exhibits I've seen so far that are also kid friendly so be mindful of this because there may be a few kids running around. 
  • Keep an eye out for the treasure chests filled with candy in each room. They are free!

This is honestly one of the funnest and coolest interactive experiences that I've been to so far. It's definitely the most creative one I've seen. It made my kid at heart come out for the day to play and I love all the amazing pictures we got. I would highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for something fun and unique to do. 

As of right now you have until November 15th to visit Candytopia. I can't wait to see your awesome pictures! See you soon!

-xoxo, D

Comments

Popular Posts