A Day with Bethany Mota!


This post is a little more of a blast from the past because it is about an amazing day that occurred a little less than a year ago: June 9th to be exact. As you may have guessed from the title, I am talking about the day I got to hangout with the one and only Bethany Mota! Now before I get into all the details, if you don't know who Bethany Mota is:  she is a world known youtuber with over 7 million subscribers as well as a fashion designer for Aeropostale. In addition to that, she was also a contestant on this last season of my favorite show, Dancing with the Stars!

I thought I would finally share all the details of my experience because a lot of people who also watch Bethany are curious to know and also because it is a great way for me to re-live that unforgettable opportunity.

Okay, let's begin with how I even got the chance to meet Bethany in the first place. The first thing I have to say is that it was all thanks to my good friend Crystal. She was incredibly lucky and won an Aeropostale Twitter contest where she got the best prize ever. She was allowed to bring a +1 and she asked me! To this day, I am still extremely grateful. The prize package included a 3 day 2 night stay at the Marriott Hotel in Manhattan as well as some money for expenses and of course a shopping spree with Bethany. Obviously we were excited out of our minds....who wouldn't be!?! :)

To make it more interesting and easier to read, I'll tell you the story by breaking it up by day. Here we go:

Day 1
I packed my bag and went to Crystal's house. There, a car picked us up and took us to our hotel. The service was amazing both with the car service and hotel: they opened the doors for us, carried our bags, and treated us like were important people. It was great. We then went up to our room and just took a second to relax and take it all in. We had a great view of Herald Square and Macy's; at night, the view was even better with all the lights. We spent about an hour in our room watching TV until we decided to go to Shake Shack at Madison Square Park. Of course it was absolutely delicious as always. After that, we went to Serendipity for the first time. The place was so cute and the interior design was like a page from a fairy tale book. I ordered the famous Frozen Hot Chocolate, which was ridiculously huge yet, one of the best things I have ever had. Since we were nearby, we decided to go to Sprinkles afterward and finally try the Cupcake ATM. At that point, we were so full we could barely walk so we called it a day and went back to our hotel to get some rest in order to wake up bright and early to meet Bethany the next morning.



Day 2 Part 1
We woke up quite early that day because we were too excited and also because we needed time to pick out the perfect outfit. After we got ready, we headed down to the lobby to grab some breakfast and watch TV (we watched Saved by the Bell) while we waited to be picked up. At about 11 in the morning, we got picked up two nice guys from Aeropostale who walked us over to the Times Square store. We looked around the place as we anxiously waited for Beth to get there. She arrived at about 11:30 and our hearts were pounding with excitement. She greeted us with her gorgeous smile and warm hugs. I really thought it would be a little awkward because we had just met, but she was super cool and made us feel like we had known her forever. She asked us questions about our lives and what we liked and we asked her about HER amazing life and upcoming plans. She was totally sweet: we talked about our favorite shows (such as Pretty Little Liars aka best show ever!), what music we loved (she talked about her love for Spotify), and of course fashion! I found out that her and I had a lot of things in common such as our love for Newsies and Taylor Swift :) She also recommended that I watch Once Upon A Time and boy am I glad she did because I am now obsessed with that show. We had a lot of fun together and we took a LOT of selfies. In addition, Bethany showed and talked to us about her clothing line and the ideas/inspiration behind it. She gave us great fashion advice as well. We ended our time with her by going inside the PhotoBooth. This was one of my favorite moments ever; we took some silly and cute pictures, but my ALL TIME favorite one was where she held us close to her and said "Awww happy family photo". We were sad that she had to leave, but we were also grateful of the time we got to spend with her. Her viewers are mostly used to seeing her on youtube videos, but we were lucky to spend a few hours with her and see how much of a regular girl she is. She really is so down to earth and she proved that when she calls her viewers her "besties" she truly does mean it. 


After she left, Crystal and I continued to do a little more shopping, when all of a sudden my phone started going all crazy with nonstop buzzing. When I went to check it, there were hundreds of twitter notifications from the picture Beth had tweeted and tagged us in. The amount of favorites and re-tweets it got was quite overwhelming but kind of pretty amazing. 









Day 2 Part 2
After the super fun day we had, we went to get a late lunch at this food market in Herald Square. We got some amazing burgers along with some Nutella Crepes and Macaroons! That filled us up quite nicely :) Coincidentally, that same day was the season premiere of Pretty Little Liars, so we went to our room and put on our matching PJs along with our 'A' hoodie we had gotten that day, bought some snacks, and had our own mini PLL premiere party at the hotel dining area. The episode was intense (as you can tell from the picture of our reaction when we found out who was part of the A Team). After that, we just hung out in our room and watched TV.




Day 3
We were so NOT ready for our mini vacation to end. Honestly all of it seemed like a dream, a REALLY good dream at that. That morning, we went for breakfast at Tim Horton's and we did some last minute shopping as well. On our way back to our hotel, we noticed there was a pole jumping competition so we stood and watched. Finally, we went back to our room and slept until our car picked us up to go back home. 

I've been fortunately enough to do many amazing things in my life, and this experience has definitely made it high on the list. Bethany really inspires me to do what I love and I will continue to support her. She is an amazing girl and I'm proud of all that she has accomplished. I hope to be able to be as successful as her and inspire other people to do the same. 





Comments

Popular Posts