A Night in Wonderland

Every year my school hosts a semi-formal at the end of the Spring semester and it is a lot of fun. Last year was my first time going and I had such an amazing time with my besties that I wanted to go again this year. This year's theme was Alice in Wonderland! That made it even more exciting; I mean who doesn't love a Disney themed party?! Plus it was going to be held at this beautiful venue in Brooklyn. So, if you want to hear more about this magical night, keep on reading! :)

Get Ready with Me

Dress: Forever 21 - $30.00
I decided I wanted to go with something totally different than what people would expect from me. Usually people see me as the innocent girly type, but I wanted to have fun and try something new. So, I decided to go with a queen of hearts theme. I found this gorgeous red lace dress with red lining at Forever 21 and fell in love as soon as I tried it on. The dress itself is very sexy with a deep plunge neck line and a middle slit (will be shown in later pictures). It is very form fitting and gives your body a great silhouette. It was is also very comfortable. The middle slit made it easy to move around and dance in.
A closer look at the gorgeous lace detailing. 

Shoes: Macy's (Style&Co)
I chose these shoes because they were black and white and fit the theme perfectly. They are also the most comfortable pair of heels I own and I knew I'd be able to dance for hours with them. 
Clutch: Guess
Of course I had to choose this clutch because it matched my shoes and it brought the whole look together. 

Make-Up Time!

Primer: Elf Hydrating Face Primer
Foundation: Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Foundation
Powder: Perfection Powder
Concealer: Re(marc)able Full Cover Concealer
Color Corrector: NYX Dark Circle Concealer
Blush: True Match Blush (rosy outlook)
Mascara: Plumplify Mascara


Lashes: Ardell Press on Lash
Liquid Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Pencil Eyeliner: NYX Eye and Eyebrow Pencil (SPE901)
 This was my first time ever wearing fake lashes but I wanted my eyes to pop. I was really scared to use those with the glue because I didn't want to mess it up! So, I found these press on lashes from the brand Ardell and they were amazing! They were fairly easy to put on and they lasted the whole night. I highly recommend it if you are not used to fake lashes and want to try them!



Glitter Shadow: WetnWild
For eyes, I used this gorgeous eye palette from the brand Fraulein that my sister got for me one Christmas. I love it because it has so many colors! I forgot to take a close-up look of the eye makeup but I basically just did a smokey eye. I did a golden brown shimmery base and made it smokey by adding a dark brown/black to my outer crease. To make the look pop even more I added this glitter from WetnWild to the eyelid.

The Final Look


Time to Party!

I had such an amazing time with my friends at formal. We ate great food, took nice pictures, and danced the night away. Here's what the night was like: 
Table Center

Mocktail Hour


My gorgeous date (my best friend)

Getting that Insta

Chicken with Mashed Potatoes :) They always make the BEST mashed potatoes!

Friends :)


Photo Booth Silliness






Formal was such a blast last year. I only wish I had taken more pictures of the decor but I was having too much fun and forgot! I honestly cannot wait until next year's formal. I wonder what the theme will be? 


                                                       - xoxo, Diana 


Comments

Popular Posts