A Phantastic Night

Last Thursday night was my last semi-formal ever :( If you read my post from last year (A Night in Wonderland), you remember that every year my school hosts a Spring semi-formal and I've been going ever since I was a sophomore. They are always a lot of fun to attend and they always have creative themes; this year it was Phantom of the Opera! Of course being the Broadway fanatic that I am, when I heard that that was the theme I got extremely excited because A) I love the musical and B) Anything thats Broadway themed makes me really happy.

This year was extremely special, not only because it was my last one, but because I went with a group of my very close friends and we had a pretty amazing night. So, if you want to hear more about this glamorous night, the makeup, the dress, and all the fun stuff, keep on reading!

Getting Ready 
Makeup of the night
 Because of the theme, I really wanted to go all out, even with my makeup. I wanted to make sure it was elegant and very glamourous. These are the products I ended up using to create the look :)

Face
Pre-Foundation Concealer: NYX Dark circle Concealer
Foundation: NYX Total Control
Concealer: NYX Gotcha Covered Waterproof Concealer
Setting Powder: CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder
Brush: ELF Ultimate Blending Brush
Beauty Blender: NYX

Eyes
Eye Primer: ELF Shadow Lock Eyelid Primer
Eye Palette: Sonia Kashuk Knockout
Glitter Primer: NYX Glitter Primer
Gold Pigment: NYX Pigment
Mascara: CoverGirl Bombshell
Liquid Liner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
Pencil Eyeliner: NYX Eye and Eyebrow Pencil
Lashes: Ardell (811)
Lash Glue: DUO


Cheeks, Brows, and Lips
Eye Brows: Anastasia Brow Pomade
Brush: ELF Eyebrow Duo Brush
Blush: Circa Beauty Ultrasuede Cream Blush
Lips: NARS (Cruella)

The Look
This was the final result. In my opinion it kind of had old hollywood glamour vibes which I really liked. I absolutely loved how my makeup turned out and I loved all the products that I used. Some of them were new and I will be including them in my next "favorites" post. 




The Dress
Macy's - Morgan & Company: $78.99
I pretty much knew from the beginning that I wanted a white dress because in the musical, Christine wears a white dress. However, Im extremely indecisive so it was a bit of a struggle for me to choose a dress. In the end, I ended up purchasing this gorgeous white dress with lace and sequin details. It was simple but at the same time very elegant and I was in love with it. 

I really didn't want to spend money on another pair of shoes knowing that I would only wear them a few times, so I ended up wearing my prom shoes from 4 years ago. They were in great condition and actually worked great with the dress. You can see the full outfit in the following pictures :)

Party Time
This year, the formal was held at this gorgeous venue in Chelsea Piers. I really liked it because it was very spacious and open. It had glass windows all over so we got a gorgeous view of the city and the Hudson River. The weather was pretty decent so we definitely went outside and took really nice pictures. 

Our beautiful center piece

The complete look for the night.


Love these girls <3


I was absolutely obsessed with all the roses. I ended up putting one my hair throughout the night.


The whole gang



After taking pictures, we went inside to enjoy the food. It was buffet style and they had a lot of options to choose from. My favorite was the dessert bar though. They had an amazing carrot cake and a brownie that I still think about today. We then spent the rest of the night having the time of our lives dancing, laughing, and just enjoying one of our last events as college kids.

Photo Booth Fun!


No good party is complete without a Photo Booth, so we definitely took advantage of that and took some really silly pictures to document this amazing night with incredible friends <3.






I honestly could not have asked for a more perfect night. Everything turned out amazing and  I'm so grateful that I got to spend it with people that mean so much to me. It was a little bitter sweet because it was our very last formal and like I said one of our last few events as college students but it was also the perfect way to end it. Before we know it we will be real adults trying to conquer the real world. I love these people so much and I can't wait to see what adventures we will go to next.

-xoxo, Diana

Comments

Popular Posts