A Summer In Prints

This past weekend, the weather was so absolutely beautiful that it got me excited for summer to come and it also inspired me to go shopping for a new summer wardrobe. During summer I usually wear dresses and skirts; however, with the exception of a few floral prints, most of my clothes are solid colors. This summer I wanted to take more of a risk and start including different kinds of prints and brighter colors into my wardrobe. For those of you that know me, you know that I have a slight obsession with dresses (and by slight I mean crazy compulsive obsession), so naturally that was the main piece of clothing I was looking for when going shopping. I saw a few good dress options with really nice prints; however, I found myself picking up more rompers than dresses. I know that rompers are a growing summer trend, but I have never really been into them much until recently. As soon as I tried on my first romper, I was in love. It was so soft and comfortable and it came in a beautiful summer pattern. Overall, I ended up buying 3 rompers and 1 dress and they were all in prints and patterns.

All the items I bought were from Target and they were all really affordable. I know that Target isn't everyone's first option when it comes to buying clothing, but I was pleasantly surprised by the assortments of summer clothes. The clothes are really good quality and come in really affordable prices. Because I bought several items, I started to think of ways I would want to style them. I tried to choose complimenting pieces for each romper/dress that I already had in my closet; however, there were some items that I don't have but would like to, so I looked for affordable options that were easy to get my hands on.

These are the three looks that I styled for this upcoming summer:

Look #1

- Romper: Target - $23
- Cardigan: Vila Viparel - $37
- Belt: MyStyleMag - $10.99
- Sandal: Necessary Clothing - $22

One of the things I liked most about this romper is that although it is in the basic colors of  black and white, it is the print that makes it stylish. I decided to pair it with a super light weight white cardigan and a thin black belt to give the look more layer and shape. Finally, I decided to use a pair of fringe sandals to add texture to the outfit and also to make it a little more fun. 

Look #2

- Romper: Target - $23
- Hat: Forever 21 - $15
- Bracelet: Wallis Fashion - $21
- Sandal: American Eagle - $30

My absolute favorite thing about this romper is the colors. I like that it goes from a light orange to a darker purple; I think these colors are very feminine and fun. I didn't want to cover up the romper so as accessories I added a floppy sun hat and bracelets with matching colors. I felt these accessories added more of a summer time vibe. Finally, I added a pair of simple brown sandals to keep the focus on the romper. 

Look #3

- Dress: Target - $23
- Denim Jacket: Gap - $56
- Hat: Target - $13
- Shoes: Converse - $35

This dress was a little out of my comfort zone because of the mix of prints and also because it isn't as fitted as the dresses I'm used to wearing; however, once I tried it on, I fell in love in with it. It is flowy and easy to move around in. Also, even though it is a dress it's very casual and can be worn for an everyday look. I wanted to style the look to be more sporty for a day in the park so I paired with a denim jacket and converse. Finally, I added a fun fedora hat with colors to match the dress. 


Overall, I am extremely pleased with all the products that I bought. I am excited about the new fun additions to my wardrobe and I can't wait to wear them this summer. So, what fashion risks will you be taking this summer?


Collages made with Polyvore.com

Comments

Popular Posts